A bit of an update

Our Baby Steps shirt fundraiser was a total success! We exceeded our goal by more than ten shirts! (We ordered a limited number of additional shirts, so please send me an email or FB message if you're still interested and I can check for your size.)

They should be ready in about a week, and we'll ship them out immediately afterwards!


We are officially on the docket for our home visits. This is the last step before we are officially a "waiting family".

The last time we were at this stage I was obsessive about everything being spotless and orderly. Well, these days that's nearly impossible with my adorable and charming little mess maker running around. I don't have time to stress about it like I did before, and I'm okay with that. I know they are not judging my parenting ability by the organization of my broom closet.

I really believe that God has been drawing me out into a space of total and complete authenticity in every circumstance. I want to be the best and realest person that I can be, and I make  no apologies for my dusty baseboards. :)

1 Peter 5: 6-7 (MSG) says,
"So be content with who you are, and don't put on airs. God's strong hand is on you; he'll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you"


Lunch date lovin'


We had an all day training last Friday at our agency and it was very laid back and super informative. We just love our caseworkers and truly believe we are in great hands in this process. We also had a little day date when we got to break for lunch. It was a total treat.








We also completed our CPR training last night which was another box checked on our list. We were trained at a fire station by a paramedic and volunteer fire fighter. He was incredibly passionate about teaching the class which really peaked my interest. He has been teaching CPR since 1968. It's fascinating how someone's passion for a subject can truly ignite passion in others! God bless our first responders!
my sister and I at iFly


Lastly, I celebrated my 29th birthday on Sunday. It was a super cool day. I'm working on a "30 Before 30" list of things I want to accomplish before that looming 3-0! We went to iFly the indoor skydiving experience. It was fun, but in no way gave the desire to jump out of an airplane.



As as lot of you know, my birthday will be forever bittersweet as our precious Alex turned three on Sunday as well. I know the Good Lord ordained our birthdays to be one in the same long in advance. Even as life gets busy and my mind gets cluttered with mountainous amounts of other things, my day will always slow down on September 27. In my introspection I will always ponder my own life and his as well.  I will always slow down and pray for my boy.

Please join me in that. My fervent prayer is that somewhere in Jamaica on Sunday my sweet Alex was celebrated and sang to. I pray that he also blew out three candles and had cake covered cheeks.












Comments