Our God is bigger




           First of all, I want to say THANK YOU to everyone who has been reading our blog since we made our adoption journey "Facebook official". We were blown away by how many people reached out to us to say congratulations and offer their sweet encouragements. We feel so blessed and honored to have
so many friends, family, acquaintances, and even strangers who are willing to walk through this journey along side us.

         We traveled last weekend to meet some friends in New Braunfels and take part in the Orange Leaf half marathon & 5K. I ran the 5K, and Adam ran the half-marathon. The race fell perfectly in line with Adam's training to run the full marathon for our fundraiser in October. It was an awesome weekend filled with friends, laughs, and chafing. Shout out to Court and Marshall who ran the half with Adam. They are also running in October. I beat my record for the 5K, but more importantly, I beat the girl next to me who was unaware that we were in competition when she passed me abruptly after the starting line.



         As part of our home study, Adam and I are required to take ten hours of online adoption classes. We have learned so much about international adoption and the risks associated with it. I was feeling a bit anxious with some of the information I was receiving as I read, but then I immediately reminded myself that God is bigger than any roadblock, or situation we could possibly face.

        My heart aches some days because I feel so ready to be a momma, yet have no idea when that day will come. The Lord knows the desires of our hearts, and he is bringing tender mercies to us each day as we walk this road.

     It is easy to fall into the world of risk, fear, and worry, but  I am combatting these feelings with prayer and scripture.

2 Timothy says, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self discipline."


I am grateful for all of the information that I'm learning, and look forward to learning more. We are turning in all of our paperwork to the agency that will be performing our Home Study tomorrow. Please
pray that this will be the first step in a speedy and positive home study process. 

Comments

Post a Comment