Big News: Party of Four


We are so excited to announce that we are at it again! We have started our journey to Baby Henderson #2! As soon as we moved to Houston last year we began to research agencies in the area. We finally decided on an agency that we feel very confident with and we are beginning the beautiful, yet often tumultuous journey that will allow us to grow our family through the blessing of adoption once again. As I held the intimidatingly thick application in my hands, I  prayed for God's perfect plan to unfold and his provisions of grace and mercy all around it.


This time around feels very different. We understand the risk of heartache after our experience in Jamaica with our sweet Alex, but we have also encountered the mountaintop reality of becoming parents. We have been a little trio for almost two years now with our precious son, Isaac. He is our greatest earthly treasure and joy.


It has been an amazing journey since bringing our boy home in November 2013. Most certainly, it has been challenging at times, but worth every second! I hung up my  elementary school teacher hat for now, Adam took a new position which led to our move back to Houston, and I became trained as a Holy Yoga instructor and am teaching a few classes a week.

We are very excited to welcome another baby into our family and for Isaac to have a sibling. We are  moving forward with great faith and anticipation. The timeline, as always with adoption, is uncertain. 

In the meantime, we are planning to help raise funds to put towards the mounting adoption costs with this year’s Chosen Marathon in New Braunfels on November 21st. We will be running for our fourth year as team Baby Steps! This year Chosen has added a 5K component to the race and changed the half marathon course to include 10 miles of river-front running! There are so many ways to get involved with this race to support families that are adopting from all around the world! Click HERE to find out how to show support or join our team!


*We will also be selling some amazing shirts as a secondary fundraiser! Information coming soon, so stay tuned!

I'm so happy to resurrect my blog in order to keep everyone in the loop on our adoption progress. For now, we're preparing for our home study and the season of waiting. We appreciate your prayers and excitement as we step forward into this next chapter. Baby Steps, as always!

Much love,
Adam, Katti, & Isaac

Comments

  1. I am Shawna's sister and am going into adoptions as a career this year in my second year of my MSW program. I will keep your family in mind and in my prayers as I learn about this process and just know that God has the very best planned for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment