Congratulations

                                                                        Amen.

I had the honor and privilege of rocking my sweet friend Rachel's baby, Mattie Kate, to sleep this weekend. There is nothing more peaceful and calming than a sleeping baby. As I was rocking Mattie to sleep I couldn't help but pray...

"Please Lord don't delay the day when I get to rock our own sweet baby." 

We're beginning to announce our news more publicly now. I didn't like feeling that it was a secret to be kept. In reality, it is an announcement to be celebrated, and I am almost bubbling over with excitement. Maybe my tummy isn't growing, but the reality that we will soon be parents is.

I get the feeling that people don't always know how to respond when they get the news that someone they know is adopting.

I've had several encounters lately when I tell people that Adam and I have some have exciting news. I typically get the quintessential high pitched squeals and clappy hands, but then when I throw them for a loop and say that I'm not in fact pregnant, but adopting, they stow their clappy hands and instead respond with an quaint "how nice" or "wow, that's great".

It's ambiguous news, this I know. This process has  an unclear timeline and is an unpredictable journey. However, I still want the clappy hands...I still want to celebrate the fact that we are expanding our family, and will, at the end of all this, have a child that we will love and cherish forever.

Ultimately, what we want to hear is "Congratulations!", just like any other expecting couple. We're excited to share our news, and we covet the prayers of our friends and family.


**We're still gathering information for our home study. Our goal is to have our entire dossier completed and sent to Jamaica by the end of the summer. We are also working diligently on our race fundraiser for our team, Baby Steps. Please let me know if you have any questions. We're also working on another fundraiser. I can't give too much away yet, but it involves cookies. Get excited!

Comments

  1. mmmmmm coooooookies!!!! I'm in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had clappy hands the whole time!! and still do!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Yay, Toni! We couldn't have completed our paperwork without your expertise!

      Delete
  4. Yay cookies...glad to hear things are moving along nicely, just wished theu would move along more swiftly for you both so you could already be holding your lil bundle. Anyway I have recruited a friend on mine fo ryour fundraise in October. She hasn't yet committed 100% but says she's definitely interested. She's a runner and loves to work out so I thought I would send her your way for the run. Wish I could be there but we will be busy building a house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emerald! That's awesome, yes, please send her our blog or contact information! The more the merrier! It was so good catching up at Erin's wedding.

      Delete

Post a Comment