Patience

I'm not patient. I know this about myself. I never have been. My lack of patience will be a huge obstacle for me to overcome. Adoption is a hurry up and wait kind of process. I am grateful that I have a husband who is calming, comforting, and has all the patience in the world.

It's a struggle, because when "normal" couples make the announcement that they're expanding their families, they are able to do so within 9 months...give or take.

A selfish part of me feels like it's not fair if we have to wait any longer than that. Then I take a breath and remember that everything will take place in God's timing. We know this to be true.

I wanted to introduce you to a song I heard the other day while driving to work. I had never heard this song before, and immediately got misty eyed when I heard the lyrics.

As the song says, "I will move ahead, bold and confident, taking every step in obedience. While I'm waiting, I will serve you while, I'm waiting I will worship, while I'm waiting, I will not faint, I'll be running the race, even while I wait."


This song has become my anthem. I wanted to post the video, because the words resonate deep within my heart. I'll probably be able to sing this song backwards and forwards.

Please enjoy.

Side note: I had to walk away 2 or 3 times in frustration because the video was taking forever to load. Like I said, patience is a virtue.


Comments