My wish for you

To be a self motivated, self directed learner. To develop a natural curiosity and an angst to go after the unknown. To value literature, meaningful quotes and those thinkers who have gone before them. To create from within a lifelong yearning to continue to build and cultivate their knowledge about life,  themselves and the world around them.

This is what I hope for you, my students. Those children who are entrusted to me on a daily basis, I hope to reach these overarching ideas with our daily warm-ups, fraction books and science experiments about matter. I hope to accomplish these goals by my own passion and commentary of what enormous value my formal education is to me.

I want to inspire and shape my students into citizens who can compete in this ever-changing world. And mostly, I want them to have a good day.

When I simplify my job to the aforementioned goals I feel a lot less stressed out. I do what I can with what I have for as long as I can.

I was wimpering to Adam the other day about how exhausting my job is when he reminded me that I also have the most rewarding job on the planet.

Honestly, selling shoes at Dilliards sounds so enticing sometimes, but I know I wouldn't feel as important, affirmed or inspired.

We went to Austin last week and had a phenomenal time. (With the exception of one of my students who thought it would be a grand idea to get INSIDE one of the exhibits) Yeah, he got to be literally attached to me with a rubber band for appox. 30 minutes. I had to reassure him that I'd rather embarrass him on the field trip than lose him. He'll probably wince at that memory for a lifetime. We toured the capitol building and the Bob Bullock Museum. It was a rich cultural/historical learning experience for everyone. A long long learning experience.

3 days til' Spring Break and I am psyched!!

Comments