Monday, you are no friend of mine.

I. Am. So. Dead. Today. I think I may be blogging from the after life. This morning hit me like a ton of bricks. I mean, considering the last 2 consecutive Mondays I was sawing logs til' about noon, the only 5 I've seen in a few weeks has been PM! Besides, I tossed and turned all night because I'm reading a terrifying book that is narrated by a libyan terrorist. No good sleep comes from reading that sucker 20 minutes before bed. Eh, that's neither here nor there.

I didn't even have kids today, it was an inservice day for teachers. Of course there was one ditzo who brought his dreary eyed daughter to school this morning only to discover that school doesn't start until tomorrow. He had the nerve to angrily exclaim, "Did I MISS SOMETHING HERE?!??"

What I felt like saying-"Well, maybe you missed the the ONLINE CALENDAR, MY WEEKLY NEWSLETTERS, YOUR Kid's PLANNER or  THE numerous other places where JANUARY 4th was printed. MAYBE you missed the POINT when you pulled into the DROP OFF LOOP AND NOBODY WAS THERE!...or maybe you missed the formation of your frontal lobe? I don't know, but you can take your attitude and stuff it in the back of your closet along with that heinous tie of yours.!"


What I actually said-  "I am so sorry sir, but school doesn't start til' the morning."


So needless to say, my Monday didn't start off too well. To be honest,  I would way rather spend the day teaching my kids than attending inservice.

Guinecula returned today and I'm pretty sure he doubled in size...his host family was generous with the Guinea Kibble.

I'm anxious to see my kids tomorrow and turn this week around. Tuesday: Make it happen!

Ciao!
 This is what I would have rather done all day.  Hang out with my boys.

Comments