Idle Hands

I haven't blogged lately because for some reason I assumed that I could only use this blog as a "teacher blog" or a blog solely about work. Well, I haven't been to work in what seems like a million years. I'm anxious to get back into a routine in which I do not consume 9,000 calories and 14 hours of sleep a day.

What have I been doing? Well, spending time with my family, playing with my new camera (Thanks Mom, err...Santa), loving on my animals and relaxing  with my husband. Adam got the same amount of vacation as me which has been really nice. I've been quite the homebody actually.  It's so rare now that we're both working to get this much time together when we're not both exhausted. I'm treasuring every second I get.

Yesterday we celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary. The Lord has blessed me so abundantly in my husband. He is the most patient, trusting, steadfast person I've ever known, and I am SO lucky to call him mine. He's pretty cute too! 

The new year is fast approaching and I am really marinating on my resolutions. I've been a bit ambitious in my thinking and have come up with these: 

Become a runner (More than once around the block, which is when my side cramp usually takes over.)
Cook more (I mean really cook. Fresh ingredients, homemade sauces...the whole bit!)
Learn another language 
Play guitar (Adam, I'm counting on you for this one!)
Learn all the ins and outs of my camera and hang my photography around my house.
Join a book club (Or at least read one book a month)

Maybe I should spread these out between 2011-2015? But heck, It's better to shoot high. 

Here's some pics of my adventures this break. I hope everyone had a wonderful, warm and laughter-filled Christmas. 

                                            Homemade Pizza
                       Pulled out the veil? Still have that bridal glow?
         We ventured to an antique store. Forget the Kindle, I'm a sucker for old dusty books.
                                              Playing with my camera. LOVE LOVE IT!

Comments