Do we even own Windex?

Home on a monday. Ahh yes, it's vacation. I would normally be halfway through my science lesson about now, but no, alas I am drinking coffee and fully intending on watching The View. I've made it to Christmas break. I feel like I've somehow reached a landmark. The 3 weeks in between Thanksgiving and Christmas were pure, unsolicited madness! My kids were bursting at the seams with energy, and frankly, I was just as ready to be  gone as they were.

Guinecula went with one of my students, let us stop for a brief moment and pray that she doesn't come back to school with any bite marks.........AMEN!

We had a lovely Christmas party and I got some wonderful, thoughtful presents from my students. We went on a field trip to see Narnia, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I finally got my appraisal information back, and it wasn't bad. It wasn't glowing and I'm not expecting teacher of the year or anything, but I do feel like she's pleased with me. I can always appreciate honest feedback and room to grow.

As for how I'm going to spend my vacation: for starters, I need to finish Christmas shopping. I'm also in desperate need for a massage. My dog, Brady, smells like old ham so it would behoove me to get him groomed.

We returned home yesterday morning after I was honored to be a part of one of my favorite people on earth's wedding. I was so motivated to clean our disgusting house that as as soon as we walked in the door I began divvying out assignments to Adam. I suppose that it has been so long since we've last cleaned that Adam looked at me incredibly puzzled and said, "Do we even own windex?"

You better believe that we do now.

 I feel so blessed that I made it to Christmas break and am already setting goals for the new year. It's been a great ride so far and I can't wait for the second half.

Comments