Analysis Paralysis

"I must write it all out, at any cost. Writing is thinking. It is more than living, for it is being conscious of living." -Anne Morrow Lindbergh (American writer and aviation pioneer)

I've been thinking about too much. I finally recognized this about 2 seconds ago when I realized that I was thinking about thinking. I've been busy, per norm and haven't prioritized blogging. This is not a good thing for numerous reasons.

1. My blog is cathartic. The thoughts in my head have somewhere to go, like a mini filing system that will never get cluttered. What's in my mind can get out on paper...or screen. Eh, you get my drift.

2. My blog is like a mass e-mail update. It's nice to allow people who love me to know that I love them too, I'm just blogging from beneath a pile of ungraded papers.

3. My blog is like a time capsule. I'm fully aware that I am experiencing a time in my life that is rare and I am taking the opportunity to take a Polaroid of it. A Polaroid of words to be exact. This blog will chronicle a chapter of my life that I will always cherish and long to come back to. It's important for me to remember that.

Adam and I are planning a vacation...I'm not sure if we'll really end up going anywhere, it's just fun to plan hypothetical trips. Ocean? Mountains? Who knows...

This week had been ultra long and it's only Tuesday. I've decided that it's because I planned a Gyno appointment for Monday. That, my friends, is the most uncomfortable small talk on God's green earth. That's all I have to say about that.

(When I'm 45 and reminiscing this blog, I feel certain that I'll wince and the fact that I shared my Gyno appointment with the internet. Oh, Katti....)

I finished up the first 9 weeks of school. It's flying by. I didn't believe anyone who told me it would. I love being a teacher...my job is to think, and to teach kids to think.

I've just been thinking too much. I'm going now...to be hypothetically on a beach somewhere.

Comments