"Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

It has been exactly two weeks since I've blogged. Travesty, I know. Things have been ominously quiet and calm in my life, so I'd been saving up energy for whatever it was that was going to happen.

Well, our school caught fire. Yep, your read that correctly, we had a fire in our cafeteria and had to evacuate mid-day. 4th grade was out at recess, so I was completely oblivious as to why 600 students were pouring out of the building.

I have to admit, I wasn't completely oblivious. I had actually been informed by my student. I know, like an idiot. I just assumed he had his wires crossed when he was screaming at me that the school was on fire.

I owe him an apology.

The worst of it came when I had about 12 belligerently crying students who were adamant about the fact that ,"We must go in the building and safe Guinicula from the impending flames!!"

I was assuring them that he would be fine while simultaneously praying that Guinea Pigs aren't effected by smoke inhalation.

Well, several fire trucks and an hour later we were all inside. It was a long day.

Monday was my birthday, and I have never felt so loved and appreciated. I lucked out and got the kid whose family owns the local Frozen Yogurt shop, so we had a regular ice cream party. Toppings and All!! The kids were thrilled, and I got a lot of neat stuff!

Adam took me out this past weekend and we had a wonderful night in the city. Sundance Square in Fort Worth is a wonderfully romantic place with a great vibe and lots of energy. We had fondue, hit up a live jazz club and an art show. My favorite part was just walking around, truly feeling away from it all. We had an awesome time.

Now, I'm decompressing from all the action and finding time to rest and reflect.

Comments