Stop-N-Sleep?

So...I definitely just fell asleep at the gas station while I was getting gas. I started to fill up and went to sit in my car and wait until it was done. The next thing I know the attendant of the gas station was knocking on my door to wake me up. I tried to play it off by looking at him offensively as if he had just interrupted my prayer, but I think we both knew the truth.  

I am so exhausted. I have entered into a completely new understanding of what it means to be tired. I wake up at 5AM, and walk into the school between 6:15-6:30, and I'm not out of there in the evenings until around 6:15-630. I decided that the semester I spent Student Teaching is equivalent to when I was in pigtails playing school with my friends. I only did the fun stuff. I didn't manage scheduling, parent e-mails, ESL, GT or MTA. I got in front of the kiddos and provided them with thought provoking and engaging lessons.

I will say that, although, there is a lot of red tape, I LOVE it! There has not been a day this week where I didn't want to go back. I love my kids, classroom and yes, even the Guinea Pig! I made it a point to get all of my students names memorized, and am so confused as to why they can't seem to remember mine. I memorized 42 student names this week. (Not to mention all of the faculty/staff I've met.) The kids keep calling me Mrs. Anderson, Mrs. "Uhhhhh...oh yea"...Henderson, and even Mrs. Hernandez (I've got know idea where they got that one.)

Although this week has been incredibly busy, I am grateful for every second of it. I'm home now and insisting on being horizontal for the next 24 hours. Thanks to a weekend break and my little power nap at the Stop-N-Go, I'm sure I'll be well rested for the week ahead.

Comments