Insurance?..more like Un-sure-ance...lame joke. I'm well aware.

So, I went and got health/dental insurance today. As you could guess, it was less than exciting. After seeing what I'm going to be paying for it I definitely feel both a cold and a cavity coming on. I was sitting in the meeting listening to the guy talking about HMO and PPO and all I could think was ... I dunn"O". It was all over my head and extremely confusing. I was the youngest person in the room by a million years and felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb. Everyone had all of these legitimately worthwhile questions about coverage and certain policy changes, when I was still trying to figure out what a deductible was. It was embarrassing. Thanks, mom for always doing that for me, but you know what they say about teaching a man to fish. :)

Needless to say, I learned a lot. I'm grateful to have insurance and did not take out a large ominous life insurance policy on my husband. (In case you were wondering.) In fact, I have a wonderful husband and will give a testimony to his sheer awesome-ness. Last night we went and celebrated the fact that I finally signed my contract with the school. During dinner Adam mentioned that he wanted to take me somewhere after we finished our meal. I was immediately done eating because I'm not a huge fan of surprises and was ready to see what he had in store. Well, we began to drive. I noticed that we had entered the DFW airport. I thought..hmm. Napa? Spain? Paris? No No No..I jest. That's just wishful thinking.

Adam took me to a spot at the airport about 100 yards from a runway where we sat and watched airplanes take off and land. It was really amazing. He's such a thoughtful person and for him I am very grateful.




Comments